We have an opening for a part-time administrative assistant to help manage our day to day operations. Responsibilities include basic bookkeeping, event support, database management and general office support.
Full job description and qualifications below Schedule:
This a 15 hour per week position, Monday, Wednesday and Friday during daytime hours. There is some flexibility in scheduling.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter by August 20thth to Sun Connor at: email@example.com or Women’s Storybook Project, 5524 Bee Caves Road, Building M, Suite 131, Austin, TX 78746
Job Description: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Operation Manager
Women’s Storybook Project mission is to connect children with their incarcerated mothers through the joy of literature. We currently work in nine women’s prisons around the state and office in Austin. We are over 200 volunteers strong and growing. Through our program, mothers and children increase their bond with each other and can heal relationships. Many of the mothers we work with will go home. Our program helps keep moms on the path to re-establishing their lives. Prison behavior also improves, as mothers earn their way into the Storybook program.
To support day-to-day operation of a small non-profit organization.
contract position, 15 hours per week.
- Administrative Support
This position is responsible for providing general administrative support as needed, including but not limited to:
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks including bill paying, mailing checks, making deposits, invoicing, running financial reports, assisting with annual audit,
- Purchase office supplies and keep storage room stocked and organized
- Prepare for Board of Directors meetings by printing agendas, minutes, and other documents
- Maintain organizational files and documents
- Update donor database and dropbox
- Perform general administrative support
2. Special Events
- Assist with coordination of event logistics
- Assist WSP tabling at community events
- Assist with donor communications, including appeal and thank you letters
- Maintain organizational archives
- Take on additional tasks as directed by the Executive Director and Operations Manager
- High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two years related experience; nonprofit experience a
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, Microsoft Office. Familiarity with QuickBooks a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office
- Interest in and commitment to WSP mission is
Women’s Storybook Project is an equal employment opportunity employer. We seek a broad and diverse pool of candidates and strongly believe that our organization benefits from the perspectives and talents of a diverse staff.