- Full-time / part-time possible.
- Flexible schedule.
- Compensation scale: Minimum $15 per hour up to depending on experience.
- Near Capitol Metro, UT Shuttle bus stops.
- Bookkeeping: post payables, receivables, payroll; reconcile bank statements; maintain financial records, prepare quarterly 941 reports to IRS and Workforce Commission, annual wage and contract statements (W2, W3, 1099, 1096), related correspondence.
- Maintain personnel records including time logs, health insurance forms, W4s.
- Maintain office: maintain equipment; stock supplies; maintain contact database.
- Support fundraising, website updates, housing counselor database, other duties as assigned.
Required and preferred skills
- Computer proficiency including Excel, Word required.
- Dependability, attention to detail, willingness to learn required.
- High school degree or GED required, some college preferred.
- QuickBooks, MacOS, Spanish language, bookkeeping, office management strongly preferred.
- Website, DropBox, Filemaker, computer maintenance, writing, fundraising preferred.
- Paid personal time off, eligible for employer retirement contributions in third year,
- Plus if full-time paid health insurance.
Submit cover letter, resume, writing sample to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
Founded in 1988, the Texas Low Income Housing Information Service is Texas’ foremost policy organization working at the intersection of housing, community development, and poverty. We assist low-income communities to secure affordable housing and quality neighborhoods, we research and provide educational material, we evaluate programs, and we promote sound housing policy.