LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for a professional and friendly Bilingual Administrative Assistant to work at our SOUTH office, located at 3700 S 1st St Austin TX 78704. Often this position will be the first face of LifeWorks that clients, coworkers, and visitors will see. This position provides opportunities to participate in training, learn new software, and gain experience working with a variety of professional staff in the social services sector. It also provides opportunities for advancement and a sense of accomplishment!
Candidates must be able to handle crisis situations with a calm demeanor while exercising the use of assertive communication skills. A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance, immediately initiate positive rapport, and communicate clearly, calmly, and positively at all times. Previous experience handling confidential client information, supporting multiple departments, and using a multi-line phone system will also help ensure success.
The ideal candidate will also have strong database skills, exemplary attendance, and the ability to maintain a positive attitude and customer service focus while multitasking in a busy environment.
Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Receives visitors, and provides service information to clients.
- Takes and routes incoming calls.
- Performs data entry, word processing, and filing functions.
- Receives payments, schedules and posts client activities, and maintains client service documents.
- Confirms and schedules appointments and maintains attendance records.
- Sorts and distributes all incoming LifeWorks mail on a daily basis.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English.
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- 2+ years of related administrative experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with PC and Microsoft Office Products including Microsoft Outlook.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.