Who We Are:
Urban Roots is a non-profit organization that uses food and farming to transform the lives of young people and inspire, engage and nourish the community. We believe in young people - their potential, their leadership, their hard work. Through growing food and sharing food with others, we are working together to make Austin a better place for everyone.
As we grow and expand to a second farm site in Southeast Austin, now more than ever, we need people on our team who are passionate about amplifying the voices of young leaders and helping us build strong relationships in the community. We need team members with diverse perspectives that value equity and inclusion, who are willing to work hard, learn and adapt with us as we bring this vision to life. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
The Campaign Coordinator is the administrative executive who is responsible for the day-to-day details of campaign implementation. Areas of primary responsibility include arrangements and notifications for meetings, campaign correspondence, monitoring gift and pledge records and conducting prospect research. The Campaign Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director, however, the Coordinator must be prepared to work with a variety of campaign volunteers, consultants, and management.
The position is envisioned to concur with the duration of Urban Roots Growth Campaign fundraising period; anticipated end date is in 2022. This is a part-time 25 hour per week contract position that will be annually renewed on budget approval. Hours may be flexible while supporting the requirements of the Campaign staff and volunteers, and will generally go between 9am-5pm from Mondays through Fridays, with occasional evenings and weekends. Upon mutual agreement, the successful candidate may work remotely away from the Urban Roots office except when the Campaign requires presence at Urban Roots or other locations for meetings and projects.
Essential Job Duties:
Specifically the Campaign Coordinator will provide support to the Executive Director in the form of responsibilities that include:
- Scheduling, attending and supporting all campaign planning, Co-Chairs and Campaign Steering Committee meetings.
- Preparing all database lists, spreadsheets and profiles concerning prospects.
- Conducting prospect research.
- Maintaining records of cultivation strategies, evaluations, solicitations, contact reports and results of all contacts with campaign prospects.
- Producing all campaign packets for prospect and donor visits with supporting documentation and follow-up correspondence.
- Maintaining records regarding campaign gifts and pledges including payment schedules and the production of acknowledgement letters and pledge reminders for outstanding pledge balances.
- Providing logistical support for House Parties and other campaign-related events; coordinating with hosts, assisting with program development and guest communications
- Handling any incidental details related to the campaign as specified by the Executive Director.
Key Selection Criteria
- The ability to work with and motivate a broad spectrum of people, ranging from staff and board members to donor prospects.
- Experience performing top-level administrative work including business correspondence, telephone communications, meeting planning and problem solving.
- Attention to detail including the ability to proofread documents and maintain accuracy of details in a fast-paced setting.
This is a 25 hour per week part-time contract position and salary is commensurate with experience. The pay rate is $20-$25 per hour.
Submit your resume and a detailed cover letter describing your administrative and communication working styles and explaining what inspires you about capital campaigns and this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Campaign Coordinator” in the subject line. No Phone calls please.
Urban Roots is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating a culturally responsive and inclusive organization. People of color and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply. We will not discriminate in our hiring on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, pregnancy, mental or physical disability or political affiliation.