LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for a Bilingual Case Management Support Specialists for our Diversion Program!
The Diversion Program is designed to divert youth under the age of 25 from homelessness and intensive housing services. The program works with youth who might be involved with juvenile justice, child welfare, or unaccompanied and attending school. The program connects youth to supportive services and, if needed, financial assistance to allow youth to stabilize their housing crisis, stay connected to current systems of support, and build permanent connections to ensure long-term stability.
The Case Management Support Specialist provides housing stability services, which includes referrals to financial resources, collaborative agencies, and other community resource providers as well as support and case aide services to clients. The Case Management Support Specialist is responsible for providing administrative support to programs by maintaining client files, entering data, and completing required documentation.
- Provides case aide services and coordinates services with other agencies. Duties may include screenings, intake, case aide, monitoring, and resource referrals.
- Maintains accurate financial assistance records (through direct client interaction), service delivery records, as well as evaluation and reporting requirements.
- Identifies and leverages clients' strengths as part of service planning to help clients achieve their self-defined goals.
- Collaborates with various community programs and agencies to advocate for client population needs and provide referrals.
- Supports case managers including attending and participating in program meetings and taking minutes at the Case Management meetings.
- Performs heavy data entry into multiple databases and ensures timeliness and accuracy of data entry.
- Understands contract compliance requirements and closely monitors program's compliance.
- Coordinates external resources, such as insurance enrollment specialists, benefits experts, and legal assistance, to provide services to youth in the Youth Resource Center.
- Communicates with members of the community, colleagues, and clients effectively and efficiently.
- Analyzes situations by taking into consideration the client, policies, safety, and staff to determine the best course of action.
- Transports clients to agencies and services, as needed.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in social or behavior sciences or administrative field;
- Requires a minimum 6 months experience with youth; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in HMIS, Microsoft Office, Outlook, and agency database.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.