LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks Rapid Rehousing team is looking for a Case Manager II that has demonstrated skill in client services, community resource utilization, and working with multi-cultural populations. The Rapid Rehousing program is a case-managed living program that provides subsidized apartments for up to 18 months for clients who meet eligibility criteria. The Case Manager works individually with clients on goals that may include affordable housing, education, employment, budgeting, and debt management.
All candidates will need to be able to pay careful attention to detail, work independently, exercise initiative, and remain organized. The ideal candidate is someone who is knowledgeable and/or experienced with housing programs, homeless populations, and mental health, disability, resource, and system issues in Austin. A successful candidate must be able to successfully balance the provision of direct services with administrative requirements.
- Provide case management services and coordinate services with other agencies. Duties may include intake, case management, monitoring, group facilitation, and resource referrals.
- Identify and leverage clients' strengths as part of service planning to help clients achieve their self-defined goals.
- Collaborate with various community programs and agencies to advocate for client population needs and provide referrals.
- Communicate with members of the community, colleagues, and clients effectively and efficiently.
- Effectively manage crisis situations through assessing, deciding, and acting in accordance with standards and laws in emergency situations involving the health and safety of client being compromised.
- Maintain case records and documentation as appropriate, including service plans, progress notes, intake reports, and incident reports.
- Analyze situations within the setting taking into consideration the client, policies, safety, and staff to determine the best course of action.
- Transport clients to agencies and services, as needed.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in social or behavior science or an administrative field; and
- Requires 2+ years of relevant experience with youth; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred experience working with youth experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
- Preferred experiencing working with housing programs in Austin.
- Preferred intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Preferred experience working with databases.
- Required to possess or be able to obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 30 days.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.