LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for a reliable, energetic Case Manager II for our Young Parents & Transitional Living Programs. These programs offer apartment-based transitional housing for youth ages 17-21, including pregnant and parenting youth, and provides case management, weekly parenting and independent living skills classes, and linkages to needed services.
The ideal candidate will use their knowledge of local resources in a solutions-focused service approach to help youth seek out education opportunities, vocational skills, parenting skills, independent living skills, obtain employment, and secure long-term stable housing. The ideal candidate will also have expertise in child development and sexual health in the childbearing years.
- Provide case management services and coordinate services with other agencies. Duties include intake, case management, monitoring, group facilitation, and resource referrals.
- Identify and leverage clients' strengths as part of service planning to help clients achieve their self-defined goals.
- Collaborate with various community programs and health care agencies to advocate for client population needs and provide referrals.
- Communicate with members of the community, colleagues, and clients effectively and efficiently.
- Effectively manage crisis situations through assessing, deciding, and acting in accordance with standards and laws in emergency situations involving the health and safety of client being compromised.
- Maintain case records and documentation as appropriate, including service plans, progress notes, intake reports, and incident reports.
- Analyze barriers and challenges as they arise and deliver safe, effective, and youth-focused solutions that are in accordance with LifeWorks' policy and philosophy.
- Support and partner with youth and actively engage in the community alongside clients as necessary and indicated by client's self-defined goals.
- Work with teammates and other support staff to ensure fidelity of the Strengths Model of Case Management is adhered to and considered in interaction with and documentation of client-case manager engagement.
- Transport clients to agencies and services, as needed.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in social or behavior science or an administrative field; and
- Requires 2+ years of relevant experience with youth and/or young parents; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred experience in child development.
- Preferred experience with sexual health through the childbearing years
- Preferred experience working with Microsoft Office and databases including HMIS.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.