LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for a bilingual Case Manager II who would focus on working with teen mothers. Our Teen Parent Services program seeks to help teen parents realize hopes and dreams for themselves and their children.
The Teen Parent Services program offers case management services to young parents (ages 11-19) and their families with a strengths-based focus on empowerment & support. Major duties include linking clients to resources, assisting them in obtaining educational & employment goals, presenting educational information to adolescents regarding a variety of topics related to pregnancy, parenting & sexual / reproductive health, and an ability to effectively engage in collaboration. Teen Parent Services facilitates education and support groups to expectant and parenting teens in Travis County middle and high schools. In addition, the program provides quarterly events to help build community among young parents in Travis County.
Our ideal candidate is familiar with a strength-based service approach, labor and delivery, child development and parenting, healthy relationships, and experienced with the sexual attitudes of teens and community resources. An attention to detail, meticulous organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to changing environments and personalities are characteristics we look for in our Case Managers.
This position offers opportunities to develop one-on-one relationships with teens, to network with other professionals, increase your knowledge of community resources, and to be a leader in the community as a service provider. This position is located at our EAST site.
- Provide case management services and coordinate services with other agencies. Duties include intake, case management, monitoring, group facilitation, and resource referrals.
- Identify and leverage clients' strengths as part of service planning to help clients achieve their self-defined goals.
- Collaborate with various community programs and health care agencies to advocate for client population needs and provide referrals.
- Communicate with members of the community, colleagues, and clients effectively and efficiently.
- Effectively manage crisis situations through assessing, deciding, and acting in accordance with standards and laws in emergency situations involving the health and safety of client being compromised.
- Maintain case records and documentation as appropriate, including service plans, progress notes, intake reports, and incident reports.
- Analyze situations within the setting taking into consideration the client, policies, safety, and staff to determine the best course of action utilizing the Trauma Informed Care Framework.
- Transport clients to agencies and services, as needed.
- Requires bilingual Spanish/English fluency.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in social or behavior science or an administrative field; and
- Requires 2+ years of relevant experience with youth and/or young parents; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred experience in child development.
- Preferred experience with sexual health through the childbearing years
- Preferred experience working with Microsoft Office and databases including HMIS.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.