Keep Texas Beautiful (KTB) is a statewide 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to inspire and empower Texans to keep our communities clean and beautiful. Founded in 1967, KTB works with almost 400 affiliate organizations from around the state in the areas of litter prevention, beautification and waste reduction. Keep Texas Beautiful is an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful.
General information and duration of internship
The program’s duration is a maximum of one semester. Internships will be conducted in-office. Parking is included at no additional cost. We require 10-15 hours, 2-3 days per week. This internship is paid.
KTB seeks a Communications Intern to support our affiliate programs, communications and resources. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter with exceptional organizational, writing and communication skills, who is eager to gain experience in all aspects of communications and nonprofit management. The Communications Intern reports to the Communications Coordinator. Interns make an important contribution to the operation of Keep Texas Beautiful. Our interns are given hands-on responsibilities and experience. Within your working units you serve as a member of a team and perform needed functions.
- Produce written content for blog posts, social media, email/enewsletters, media pitches and more
- Support general marketing and communications efforts as directed on behalf of KTB
- Support social media by drafting copy, engaging and interacting on KTB platforms and creating graphics
- with tools like Canva
- Assist in tracking media coverage, with select assignments like press releases and building media lists
- Research historical, environmental and relevant content stories for content creation
- Collaborate with KTB leaders to highlight member content
- Coordinate and support Communications department through CMS and CRM organization, digital assets and more as needed
- Support the Programs department where needed
- Attends staff and department meetings when appropriate
Requires a student (sophomore level or higher preferred) enrolled in a college or university. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Systems required. Experience with Social Media, content creation and digital marketing a plus. Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is also a plus. Should demonstrate good interpersonal skills and maintain professional business office appearance. Must be able to follow oral and written instruction. Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills required.