LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for resilient and motivating Community-Based Counselors for our Community-Based Services team. Community-Based Counselors provide individual, family, and group counseling services to transition-age youth with trauma histories. Utilizing an evidence-based trauma intervention, the Community-Based Counselors will meet with clients in convenient locations throughout the community. A reliable personal vehicle and a valid driver license are essential for this position.
Community-Based Services focuses on transition-age youth, ages 16-26, who have experienced traumatic life events, frequently exacerbated by involvement in the foster care or criminal justice systems, homelessness, growing up in extreme poverty, or coming from a military family. The objective of Community-Based Services is to remove or reduce barriers to transition-age youth healing from trauma and recovering from mental health or substance use challenges, instill hope, and encourage self-sufficiency in order for them to reach their full potential.
- Provides individual, couples, group and/or family counseling in community-based, home-based and office settings.
- Provides crisis intervention with clients based on individual program needs.
- Administers client services providing: intake, assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, record keeping and documentation, case management, evaluation and follow-up, and by contacting necessary collaterals. Provides appropriate referrals; keeps apprised of available community resources.
- Monitors program participants and maintains documentation of all services in accordance with agency and funding requirements.
- Provides community outreach as required by individual program.
- Participates in team meetings and meets with staff from across LifeWorks in order to provide coordinated services.
- Follows licensure and training requirements as determined by program, agency, and/or grants.
- Requires a LMSW, LPC-I, LMFT-A, LCSW, LPC, or LMFT license;
- Requires a Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling or a related field;
- Requires 6+ months direct clinical experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver's license within 30 days and have a reliable personal vehicle to use for transportation during work hours.
- Standard First-Aid and CPR Certification as required by individual program.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.