LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for part-time Counselor Is for our Youth & Adult Counseling (YAC) program. LifeWorks Counseling Division provides support for individuals and families who are struggling with issues such as family conflict, abuse, anxiety, depression, trauma, or coping with the stress of everyday life. LifeWorks is one of the largest providers of affordable/free mental health services in our community.
YAC Counselors help clients identify the challenges in their lives and provide guidance to live more fully. The purpose of YAC Counselors is to assist individuals of all ages to improve and utilize their existing strengths and coping skills. YAC Counselors also work to create effective solutions for issues ranging from everyday stress to family crisis to trauma.
Our ideal candidate is well organized, responsive rather than reactive, has strong attention to detail, enjoys a fast-paced work environment, and has a drive to take initiative and demonstrate leadership with projects.
- Provides individual, couples, group and/or family counseling.
- Provides crisis intervention with clients based on individual program needs.
- Administers client services providing: intake, assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, record keeping and documentation, case management, evaluation and follow-up, and by contacting necessary collaterals. Provides appropriate referrals; keeps apprised of available community resources.
- Monitors program participants and maintains documentation of all services in accordance with agency and funding requirements.
- Provides or coordinates community outreach as required by individual program.
- Follows licensure requirements as determined by program, agency, and/or grant.
- Participates in agency and community committees on an ongoing basis.
- Requires a Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling or a related field; and
- Requires 6+ months post-graduate direct clinical experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred experience using strengths-based, client-centered counseling approach.
- Preferred Bilingual in Spanish/English.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.