LifeWorks is looking for a benefit eligible, part-time Counselor I to join our Resolution Counseling team! The Resolution Counseling program is dedicated to creating a safe community by ending domestic violence and advocating for relationships based on equality and respect. Resolution Counseling offers psycho-educational groups for adults (male and female) who have been abusive towards their partners. Group goals include taking responsibility for violent and abusive behavior, understanding the dynamics of power and control, learning adaptive communication and conflict resolution skills, and managing emotions in non-aggressive ways.
The Counselor I position with Resolution Counseling is an excellent opportunity to gain and/or grow experience working with under-served populations. You can also expect to be working in a dynamic, innovative, strategic, and visionary organization, alongside experts in the field, and with a supportive leadership team. The schedule for the position is as follows: Tuesday 10:00 am - 8:00 pm; Wednesday and Thursday 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
If you can manage groups and records in an effective and efficient manner; are a team player who can increase communication and efficiency in the program; and can create a therapeutic alliance with occasionally resistant this may be the opportunity for you!
- Provides individual, couples, group and/or family counseling.
- Provides crisis intervention with clients based on individual program needs.
- Administers client services providing: intake, assessment, treatment planning, record keeping and documentation, case management, evaluation and follow-up, and by contacting necessary collaterals. Provides appropriate referrals; keeps apprised of available community resources.
- Monitors program participants and maintains documentation of all services in accordance with agency and funding requirements.
- Provides community outreach as required by individual program.
- Follows licensure requirements as determined by program, agency, and/or grants.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Counseling or a related field; and
- 2 years direct clinical experience; or
- Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling or a related field; and
- 6 months direct clinical experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LSW, LPC, or LMFT.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English.
- 1+ year of experience conducting conflict resolution groups, such as a BIPP program or similar.
- 40 hours of documented domestic violence training within the last two years.
- Certification to provide clinical supervision.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.