LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for a Director of Accreditation and Risk Management (DARM) to provide leadership and expertise to ensure safe, high quality care to clients. The DARM promotes a culture of compliance and the highest standards of ethics, integrity, and accountability. The DARM is responsible for overseeing and maintaining national accreditation; monitoring and auditing internal business processes to ensure excellent care to clients and compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and accreditation standards; responding to subpoenas and testimony requests; as well as overseeing the Agency risk management program.
A successful candidate must be able to lead through influence and inspiration without relying on authority, have thorough knowledge and experience with risk management and compliance practices and procedures, and demonstrate an absolute commitment to discretion and confidentiality with regard to highly sensitive information. An ideal candidate is also a well organized, detail oriented, team player with excellent communication, initiative, tenacity, resourcefulness, and follow through.
- Oversees and monitors implementation of an effective compliance/risk management/quality improvement program.
- Coordinates and implements a robust quality improvement program, including monitoring trends in program improvements, incorporating client feedback into operations, and implementing best practices that improve the client and staff experience.
- Maintains compliance with national accreditation, has full responsibility for re-accreditation every four years, and submits annual Maintenance of Accreditation report.
- Stays abreast of changes in compliance policies, regulations, and laws that affect LifeWorks operations and recommend strategies to integrate changes as needed.
- Leads efforts to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Develops, maintains, and trains on HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures to ensure staff compliance with current federal and state laws and regulations.
- Collaborates with IT Director to ensure staff compliance with policies and procedures related to (cyber) privacy.
- Investigates, documents and responds to complaints about privacy practices, including the reporting of privacy breaches as appropriate.
- Responds to requests for client information, including subpoenas for records and testimony.
- Assesses the need for, reviews and maintains Business Associate Agreements and Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Manages risk management activities including documentation of critical incidents and coordination of Risk Management Committee.
- Maintains LifeWorks Emergency Response Plan and develops and trains staff on safety protocols.
- Monitors client satisfaction, responds to client feedback, and shares results with stakeholders.
- Responds to client grievances and conducts related investigations as needed.
- Requires a degree in Behavioral & Social Sciences, Business Administration or a related field; and
- Requires 5 years related compliance or quality improvement experience; and
- Requires 1 year of experience in a leadership role; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.