LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. LifeWorks services are founded in strengths-based and trauma-informed philosophies where a positive relationship between the provider and client is key to creating opportunities to rebuild a sense of control and empowerment. Service provision is focused on clients' strengths, not on their deficits; interventions are guided by clients' individual goals, not our perceptions of what is best for the client. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for a Director of Housing Options and Mobile Engagement to provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of our Street Outreach, Rapid Rehousing, and Permanency through Outreach & Rapid Transitions (PORT) programs. Responsibilities will include the development, delivery, management, evaluation, and reporting of services and programming; ensuring these programs meet all applicable standards and work collaboratively with staff, residents, and external stakeholders to identify new strategies to place young adults and families in permanent housing as quickly as possible; and building relationships within the community to strengthen housing opportunities for our youth with a focus on quickly and effectively moving youth to permanent, stable housing while implementing a culture of trauma-informed care.
- Leads the operations and strategies of LifeWorks Street Outreach, Rapid Rehousing, and PORT with a focus on implementing a trauma-informed and data-driven service delivery environment.
- Manages a minimum of three complex contracts with total financial responsibility exceeding $1 million.
- Identifies innovative ways to engage youth to ensure optimal success and progress towards self-sufficiency.
- Oversees hiring, orientation, training, supervision, evaluation, accountability, and dismissal of program staff in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensures staff are informed, their activities are well coordinated, and they have the necessary resources to carry out their work.
- Manages crisis situations regularly as part of the day-to-day duties and serves as the back up to on-call staff.
- Manages the high acuity of clients in crisis with a history of chronic trauma and neglect, experiencing homelessness, and foster care involvement.
- Ensures programs are in compliance with all required contracts and funders by ensuring familiarity with program contracts, preparing for audits and reviews, and working closely with the Division Director.
- Stays abreast of external changes and best practices and utilizes best practices and creative approaches to successfully transition clients in the programs.
- Collaborates and builds network of private landlords to create additional housing opportunities for youth.
- Establish and maintains strong effective working relationships with the funders and community stake holders by attending meetings with our local Continuum of Care, presenting in the community, and networking.
- Utilizes D365 to manage, analyze, and assess Street Outreach, Rapid Rehousing, and PORT programs in their progress on meeting agreed upon targets. Uses data to make decisions and course correct as necessary.
- Oversees program reporting and holds programs accountable for data quality and accurate and timely reporting of data.
- Manages program budgets, monitors grant compliance, and assists in making budgeting recommendations for each program.
- Functions as a liaison between the Agency, funders, the Community and governmental organizations; collaborates with other programs, divisions, and outside entities, as appropriate.
- Master's degree in social work or a related field.
- Minimum 5+ years' experience working with youth and families experiencing homelessness.
- Minimum 5+ years' management experiences, leading and building teams.
- Minimum 3+ years supervisory experience in an emergency housing facility.
- Knowledge and experience with a Rapid Rehousing model.
- Advanced experience with federal, state, and city regulations and trends in services for homeless youth.
- Training in trauma-informed practice/ trauma-informed care preferred.
- Track record of successfully networking and collaborating with external partners.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.