LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for a Finance Assistant to support the CFO and Director of Finance with administrative and financial support functions in preparation and/or completion of cost reports, spreadsheets, Finance Committee report packets, and updating financial reports. This individual will work closely with the CFO on special agency projects.
This position requires a tenacious individual that can work effectively though complex problems and develop solutions to ensure strict deadlines are met. Clear, effective, professional communication with internal and external contacts is essential.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who takes initiative to learn new skills and technologies, eagerly seeks solutions to problems, and is energized by managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Provides administrative and accounting support in assisting the CFO in meeting organizational o
- Processes invoices and follows up with Finance's vendors, suppliers and partners as needed.
- Provides administrative support during budget preparation.
- Participates in quarterly and annual audits.
- Inputs data into Agency accounting system.
- Assists in preparation of daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual finance reports.
- Manages data, records, and reports by checking for errors and verifying accuracy of information.
- Assists in monitoring agency contracts by creating, updating, and analyzing, reports for the CFO to review.
- Attends and take notes at all financial department meetings.
- Completes and submits all department costs reports.
- Responds to inquiries from employees or management regarding finance departments' policies, procedures, and programs.
- Provides a full range of administrative support to the CFO including copying, filing, and scanning.
- Assists in the processing of AP, AR, and Payroll as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires an Associate's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related Field; and
- 3 years of relevant administrative and/or accounting experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with accounting software, Abila MIP or QuickBooks preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- Proficient level experience with Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of accounting processes, techniques, and procedures.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.