Communities In Schools of Central Texas is serving more kids! We are expanding our grants department to provide additional support for securing the resources needed to grow and sustain program activities towards achieving our mission, which is helping thousands of kids in our Central Texas communities stay in school and achieve in life. We are currently seeking an experienced Grant Writer (32-40 hrs/wk) to join our development team. The ideal candidate is someone who will be able to enthusiastically help our organization attain the funding needed to impact the lives of students and their families in our community.
Reporting to the Grant and Program Research Manager, the Grant Writer will research new private and corporate funding sources, develop proposals, write project descriptions, compile other information required by grant makers, and submit grant applications. The Grant Writer will also be responsible for creating post-project reports required by the funder and tracking the progress of grants that have been received.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in grants research, writing, reporting, and grants management; additional work experience may be substituted for education
- Excellent writing skills and demonstrated ability to compose clear and compelling proposals
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to private and corporate grants, contract administration and basic grant budgeting processes
- Technical proficiency with web-based research tools
- Technical proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks
Key responsibilities include:
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the organization’s mission, programs, target populations and strategic vision; use this information to prepare grants and other proposals
- Research new private and corporate funding sources
- Prepare and submit grant applications to private and corporate entities
- Ensure compliance with reporting requirements of assigned portfolio of funding organizations
- Maintain calendar for private and corporate foundation proposals, reports, and other deliverables.
- Support contract/grant award review and submission process and maintain related electronic and paper documentation
- Maintain relationships with assigned portfolio of funding entities and serve as primary contact for correspondence, site visit preparation, etc.
- Represent CIS at bidder’s conferences, RFP meetings and a variety of community settings as assigned
- Work with finance department and program staff to develop and implement budgets submitted in grant proposals
- Participate in regular cross-departmental meetings related to funding and document discussion and next steps
- Assist with the portfolio of the Grants and Program Research Manager as needed
This is not a contract position. Please visit www.ciscentraltexas.org and click on "Get Involved" to learn more about the Grant Writer position and other opportunities as a Communities In Schools of Central Texas team member. Online applications only, please.