LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for a Grant Writer to play an essential role in developing grant resources necessary to support the operational and strategic objectives of the organization. The Grant Writer is responsible for writing highly competitive public and private grants and contracts proposals for opportunities ranging anywhere from approximately $50,000 up to multimillion dollar proposals. In addition to supporting the Director of Grants in researching and identifying grant opportunities, developing and submitting high quality grant proposals, and developing and maintaining relationships with existing and potential funding sources, the Grant Writer coordinates with Programs, Finance, Development, and Contract Compliance teams.
Candidates should have proven success in public and foundation grant writing and general knowledge of social and health service industries. Our ideal candidate is a team player with excellent communication, initiative, tenacity, resourcefulness and follow through. Advanced skill using Excel for budget preparation and report development will help ensure success in this role.
- Writes highly competitive proposals that address public and private funder interests and the needs of the agency.
- Writes, organizes, edits, and submits grant applications in accordance with grantor requirements and deadlines, and monitors and tracks status of proposals.
- Researches foundation and public opportunities and works with Director of Grants to assess fit for agency's services and strategic plan.
- Assembles all pertinent grant material necessary for final submission.
- Executes the grant strategy and solicitation plan that supports agency services and strategic objectives.
- Develops proposal budgets in partnership with program managers, the Director of Grants, and Chief Financial Officer.
- Keeps abreast of data, research, statistics, and information about issues, trends and community needs relating to target populations and Agency services.
- Monitors local, state, federal, and private announcements to keep well informed of funding opportunities.
- Develops key relationships through proactive outreach and by engaging in opportunities with local and national foundations on behalf of Agency.
- Incorporates performance measures that have been designed by the Director of Research and Evaluation and program managers that are complementary to existing services and ensures client impact is at the forefront of service delivery.
- Creates data queries through the agency database, runs reports, and analyzes client data to inform grant proposals.
- Works in collaboration with appropriate staff to coordinate reporting of performance data to funding sources and external partners; works with program managers and Finance department to ensure the timely and accurate submission of required reports.
- Adheres to agency-wide systems that ensure that appropriate staff, including HR, IT, Finance, program management, and Grants & Contracts Compliance are aware of grant requirements.
- Completes annual competitive and non-competitive renewal applications for funding; partners with Grants and Contracts Compliance staff to complete project amendments, including updating scope of work and budgets.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in social services, human services, public health work, or a related field; and 3 years of grant writing experience, including budgeting and program design; or
- Master's Degree and at least 1 year of related experience.
- Proven success in public and foundation grant writing.
- Advanced Microsoft Suite Skills, budget preparation and report development utilizing Excel.
- General knowledge of social and health service industries.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.