LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for an HR Generalist! In this new position, the HR Generalist will oversee recruitment, selection, onboarding, and employee engagement. In addition to using HR metrics and data to help shape and support strategies related to recruitment and engagement, the HR Generalist will perform daily administrative tasks, including filing and data entry, while delivering high quality service to internal and external contacts. Key responsibilities include providing guidance around recruitment and selection best practices, conducting extensive background checks, managing the onboarding process, supporting employee engagement, and generating and using HR data to inform decisions.
- Oversees the recruiting process including, writing and proof-reading job descriptions, posting jobs to online job boards and social media sites, assisting hiring managers with interviews and selection process.
- Develops and designs consistent agency wide interview questions, fully manages the Applicant Tracking System from job posting to closure and monitors and enforces the consistency of the recruiting steps and requirements throughout the agency.
- Tightly manages the background checking process and requirements; stays abreast of any background regulation changes and maintains updated documentation of requirements to ensure compliance.
- Facilitates background check communication and paperwork, enters all new hire (including volunteer, intern, contractor) background checks, monitors and tracks results and maintains filing of reported results.
- Manages on-boarding process for all new hires including extensive background checks to ensure compliance with contracts & grants, conduct new hire paperwork, manage I-9 Forms and E-Verify process.
- Assist in the design and ongoing development of the Agency's onboarding program; when applicable conduct presentations to new hires during onboarding program.
- Processes employee transitions, including manages PANs, generates CAGs notifications, and updates organizational chart.
- Generates compensation analysis requests with compensation consultant as needed; upon review and approval of results with CHRO, updates pay grade structure.
- Participates and co-leads Connectivity Strategy initiative; leads and organizes staff events, including communicating events, selecting and coordinating with vendors, and managing event details.
- Assists in the annual employee engagement survey including researching questions that best target the Agency's areas of interest, building the survey in an online tool, pulling the data reports and producing meaningful, presentable results to various audiences.
- Communicates and conducts monthly gratitude nomination process by compiling nominations and posting the monthly announcement.
- Assists in maintaining human resource information system records; manages and maintains employee hard files.
- Generate reports, analyze data, identify trends within the HR Metrics reporting and propose ideas and suggestions linked to the data.
- Participates directly in audits led by contract holders (DFPS, HHS, etc.); provides applicable documentation in timely fashion.
- Give HR guidance and advice to employees and managers; provide direct face to face support to Lifeworks' employees and managers on a regular basis.
- Keep abreast of employment law and current legislation in relation to HR.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field;
- Requires 2+ years of related Human Resources experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, preferred intermediate level Excel skills.
- Preferred HR Certification (such as PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CM, SHRM-SCP).
- Preferred experience in a non-profit environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.