LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for an HR Generalist! In this new position, the HR Generalist will be responsible for administering full cycle biweekly payroll, ensuring compliance with payroll, tax, and applicable healthcare regulations, and administering benefits to eligible employees. The Payroll & Benefits Specialist is a member of the HR Team and is a primary systems administrator of the payroll and HCM (Human Capital Management) system. This position coordinates closely with Finance to provide GL and other payroll rated financial data in a timely fashion, while also delivering superior internal customer service to employees and managers.
- Prepares and manages full cycle payroll; establishes best practices and implements appropriate checks and balance.
- Proactively reviews and evaluates payroll process to identify efficiency opportunities and service delivery enhancements that can maximize the employee experience.
- Ensures accurate and timely filing of all tax related filings including quarterly and annual IRS payroll tax filings, TWC reports, W-2s, and ACA forms.
- Updates payroll/HCM system with employee and funding changes to ensure wages are allocated to appropriate funding sources.
- Serves as key liaison to finance; seeks direction from finance for proper funding and program allocation per employee; provides regular and ad-hoc payroll and benefit reports to finance.
- Administers insurance benefits, including new hire enrollments, qualifying event changes, deactivation of benefits, and COBRA events; reviews and submits insurance invoices for payment.
- Keys 403(b) changes into payroll system, timely uploads deferral report to 403(b) recordkeeper portal, and produces annual 403(b) census.
- Organizes and maintains employee files including payroll and benefit record, ensuring that employee files are complete and up-to-date.
- Produces and files EEO-1 and worker's compensation reports and other legally required reports as needed; frequently builds and runs payroll and HR reports when needed.
- Point of contact for all verification of employment requests, completes and responds timely to each request.
- Assists employees and managers with payroll and benefit related questions, reflecting and communicating with professionalism, compassion, patience and intentional delivery of customer service in every interaction.
- Provides training and support on time tracking system to employees and managers.
- Managers workers compensation claims including outreach to employee and manager, gathers paperwork, files claim, and communicates with employee and manager regarding any restrictions and follows claim until closed.
- Records reportable OSHA incidents and produces and posts required annual OSHA reports.
- Responds to unemployment claims by gathering related claim documentation and data and completes and files claim timely.
- Maintains the privacy and confidentiality of employee and payroll information at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree preferably in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field;
- Requires 3 years payroll experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient level experience with Microsoft Office including, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and intermediate experience with Excel.
- Experience working with sophisticated payroll systems, preferably UltiPro or similar system.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State labor laws applicable to payroll.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.