LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Come be a part of making a powerful difference with LifeWorks.
LifeWorks is looking for an energetic and highly professional HR Manager leads day-to-day operations and functions of the Human Resources Department including oversite of payroll, benefits, compliance, and recruitment, with an elevated focus on employee relations and training and development. The HR Manager delivers high quality customer service to internal and external "customers" by delivering timely, professional, and compassionate support and results. The HR Manager has a responsibility to be familiar with each LifeWorks program and the services delivered in order to provide HR solutions that best support the organization and staff. This role oversees direct reports within the HR team and is a member of the LifeWorks management team.
- Oversees daily operations of HR Department by way of managing and supporting direct reports, including the Payroll & Benefits Specialist and HR Generalist.
- Regularly reviews payroll reports to perform quality checks and balances and serves as a backup to payroll.
- Develops HR processes and procedures and maintains/updates existing procedures; develops and/or implements company policies.
- Oversees agency training and development needs, including supporting staff development planning, conducting training needs assessments, identifying and proposing training topics and courses.
- Identifies and coordinates approach for meeting the organization's training needs including, researches and proposes external and internal trainers and/or develops and leads training presentations.
- Manages employee performance development and planning including annual performance reviews, assists with processes such as 360 evaluations and succession planning.
- Timely responds to employee concerns and questions; delivers and leads difficult conversations with employees and managers; helps coach staff and managers on crucial conversation techniques.
- Advises managers on handling staff performance, behavior, and attendance concerns; recommends corrective action steps; collaborates on documentation of concerns.
- Leads investigations, applies fact find techniques, documents all pertinent information and findings, and makes recommendation for outcome to CHRO for final approval.
- Facilitates exit interview meetings, compiles qualitative and quantitative feedback data, and produces monthly turnover reports.
- In partnership with the CHRO, leads annual benefit renewal strategy; works directly with brokers, attends renewal strategy meetings, and engages in annual benefit selection decision making process.
- Determines annual open enrollment process that best meets the needs of staff and the agency; manages agency wide open enrollment communication and materials; develops strong working relationship with broker; manages insurance vendor relationships and holds them accountable for excellent service delivery.
- Administers FMLA Leave, General Leave, and ADA request processes, including collects and evaluates applicable documentation, communicates approval status to employees and managers, and ensures compliance with all applicable employment laws.
- Oversees integrity of payroll and Human Capital System and continuously looks to use the system for streamlining processes, reducing redundancies, improving accuracy, and increasing an elevated employee experience.
- Generates reports, analyzes data, identifies trends for HR Metrics reporting and proposes ideas and suggestions driven by the data findings.
- Oversees hiring, orientation, training, supervision, evaluation, and dismissal of staff in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensures staff is informed, their activities are well coordinated, and they have the necessary resources to carry out their work.
- Attends and actively participates in team meetings and managers meetings.
- Keeps abreast of employment laws and current legislation in relation to HR and assists in routine compliance requirements.
- Conducts monthly one on one check ins with direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or equivalent;
- Requires 5+ years of related Human Resources experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, preferred intermediate level Excel skills.
- Preferred experience administering or overseeing payroll. Working knowledge of payroll and employment regulations.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.