LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for a positive, energetic and talented Life Skills Training Support Specialist who will assist in preparing youth aging out of foster care to live independently as adults. Primary responsibilities include conducting and interpreting assessments with youth and caregivers and assisting with training youth on identified core life skills. Core life skills include health and safety, housing and transportation, job readiness, financial management, life decisions/responsibilities, and personal/social relationships. Educational services are provided through classroom facilitation, presentations, community collaboration, experiential field trips, and enrichment activities.
- Conducts Casey Life Skills Assessments (CLSAs) with youth and caregivers and provides interpretation in the 30-county Region 7 area in a home, community or classroom setting.
- Leads on contacting caregivers and referral sources to coordinate assessment administration.
- Assesses for safety when conducting assessments in the community.
- Reports weekly to State contract holders regarding assessment status.
- Maintains timely, complete, and accurate paper documentation and data entry in Customer Relationship Management database.
- Assists Life Skills Trainers with classroom preparation, discussion, activities, and field trips.
- Assists Life Skills Trainers in client processing tasks, such as seeking verification from caregivers for youth services and holding clients accountable on completion of class materials.
- Assists in scheduling field trips; requiring effective communication with members of the community.
- Assists with reporting such as monthly billing, assessment update reports, monthly and quarterly contract reports, and youth satisfaction surveys.
- Prepares for and actively participates in all required meetings or trainings.
- Transports clients as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in social or behavior sciences or administrative field; and
- 1+ years of experience with youth; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with databases; proficient level experience with Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.