LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for a full-time Maintenance Worker for their facilities team. This position would be responsible for LifeWorks facilities and equipment management including building maintenance, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, garbage/recycling management, painting, water and sewage management, and exterior grounds maintenance. Additionally, the position supports client services though donation acquisition as well as furniture procurement, installation, and maintenance for offices, residential facilities and client apartments.
Our ideal candidate has 3+ years of maintenance experience including commercial and residential construction, remodeling, plumbing, electrical and vehicle maintenance; is reliable, shows initiative and a positive attitude; has the ability to work with and respect cultural and socio-economic backgrounds of all work related contacts and service populations; and has the ability to work with and lead volunteers in maintenance and construction projects.
8am - 5pm; Monday to Friday; required to work some evenings and weekends for emergencies and event support.
- Performs and/or coordinates maintenance and repair duties to facilities, grounds and equipment.
- Moves furniture, equipment and other loads to and from LifeWorks locations and donation pick-ups sites.
- Purchases supplies and equipment necessary for completion of assigned projects.
- Ensures that LifeWorks fleet of vehicles meets inspection, safety, and maintenance requirements.
- Completes renovation and construction projects on LifeWorks sites, which may involve light plumbing, electrical or basic household or commercial repair.
- Climbs ladders to perform ceiling, gutter, and roof work and repairs.
- Maintain facility and property grounds through tasks such as landscaping, tree trimming, window cleaning, and general facility maintenance, often requiring work on a ladder.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires a high school diploma or GED; and
- Requires a minimum of 3 years related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and skills in basic household and commercial maintenance and repair.
- Experience and skills in light plumbing, electrical, and vehicle maintenance.
- Experience in working with a team, must be a proven team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use search engines to research solutions for maintenance needs.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Experience and skill in basic household and commercial maintenance and repair.
- Experience and skill in household and commercial construction, remodeling or renovation.
- Experience and skill in light plumbing, electrical, and vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to lead and instruct volunteers in maintenance and construction projects.
- Experience in estimating, soliciting, and purchasing supplies, subcontractors and materials.
- Frequently required to speak, listen, hear, and write.
- Frequently required to walk; stand; climb stairs; sit; use hands to use or handle office tools and equipment, including telephone and computer; and reach with hands and arms.
- Required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Frequently required to work at elevated heights such as ladders.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus for work with computers and peripheral vision and depth perception for driving.
- Frequently exposed to weed eating, lawn mower, and construction equipment and tools.
- Exposed to outside weather conditions and noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
- Must be able to safely perform physically and mentally demanding work in hot or cold conditions.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks as needed.
- Requires frequent travel between sites.
DFPS Background Check and Drug Screen is required for this position. Must possess current valid Texas driver's license.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.