The Program Coordinator will report to the Executive Director in Austin, TX. This person will also work in close collaboration with the Development & Marketing Departments by collaborating to create content for fundraising, outreach and marketing.
As a part of the Variety team, the Program Coordinator will serve as the liaison to the Heart of Variety Committee, form strategic partnerships with outside organizations and other nonprofits, create and sustain meaningful relationships with our served population, engage community through volunteer opportunities, manage and promote healthy vendor relationships, develop and sustain strong programs & provide opportunities for sponsors and donors to enthusiastically support our programs.
- Oversee the continued development, execution and oversight of the following programs: Heart of Variety, Variety Kids GO! and iCan Shine Bike Camp.
- Develop and implement written procedures for all programs.
- Collaborate with Development/Outreach/Marketing departments to fundraise, develop programs and engage in the community.
- Maintain and cultivate existing partner relationships for events, programs & fundraising and identify new partners.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for Bike Camp and other programs.
- Serve as Camp Director for iCan Shine Bike Camp (Round Rock).
- Serve as consultant and Camp Director for all other iCan Shine Bike Camps.
- Manage the ‘Heart of Variety’ financial grant assistant program.
- Manage all aspects of monthly Committee Review and serve as liaison between Committee and applicants.
- Provide regular write-up on Variety grant recipients for newsletter & social media campaigns.
- Track impact metrics for Heart of Variety, Variety Kids GO!, iCan Shine Bike Camps and other programs as needed.
- Create, implement and maintain outreach strategy for the ‘Heart of Variety’ program.
- Establish HOV grant use/ vendor payment procedures with accounting department.
- Research, identify and, when appropriate, apply for grants that will help fund Variety programs and mission.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and team environment while maintaining a positive, flexible and responsive attitude.
- Ability to exercise good judgement under pressure.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Able to work varied schedule on a daily / weekly basis.
- Able to travel overnight within the state of Texas on a monthly basis.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and software, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge & experience with database management, data entry systems and reporting.
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekend.
Education, Licensing, Certification Requirements
- High School Diploma
- College Degree Preferred
- Hold a valid Texas Driver License
- Must pass an annual criminal background check
- Complete and pass a child abuse awareness training course
- Complete CPR & First Aid Certification
- Must own a smart phone
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. to waist level.
- Must be able to stand for a minimum of 15 minutes to a maximum of two hours in a given period of time.
- Must be able to bend at waist.
- Must be able to work extended hours in direct sunlight.
- Full-Time Exempt
- 40+ Hours per Week
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.