LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. LifeWorks services are founded in strengths-based and trauma-informed philosophies where a positive relationship between the provider and client is key to creating opportunities to rebuild a sense of control and empowerment. Service provision is focused on clients' strengths, not on their deficits; interventions are guided by clients' individual goals, not our perceptions of what is best for the client. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for an organized and innovative Program Services Coordinator for our Workforce Development Program. The Workforce Development Program utilizes the Individual Placement and Support model of Supported Employment with young adults ages 16-26 who have experienced trauma. Supported Employment promotes recovery and wellness through placement and support in meaningful employment that aligns with the clients' preferences and strengths. The program aims to strengthen and expand education and training supports provided to clients by incorporating Supported Education principles and practices as well. Services are individualized and long-lasting with the ability to continue in the program regardless of the outcome of their last job or their previous job performance.
The Program Services Coordinator will support the integration of education support services within our existing workforce program and provide leadership of these services. The Program Services Coordinator will also manage the team's Employment Specialists, develop and maintain partnerships with education and training providers and employers in the community, and will manage a small caseload of clients.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience in assisting youth in seeking/maintaining employment
- Experience in assisting youth in pursuing educational goals
- Experience in leading a team
- Strong skills in organizing workflow & developing systems
- Ability to balance the interests of multiple stakeholders
- Good eye for detail
- "Can Do" attitude
- Coordinates and assists in the development, delivery, and management of program services; implements and enforces systems, policies, and procedures.
- Hires, trains, coaches, and evaluates Employment Specialists; develops expectations for Specialists regarding employer contacts, number of job starts, and employment rate.
- Supervises a team of Employment Specialists who provide supported employment and supported education services to clients and ensures support is appropriate and resources are used efficiently.
- Provides individual supervision for Employment Specialists, following agency standard, including some office-based sessions, as well working side-by-side with Specialists providing field mentoring.
- Collects client outcomes and reviews individual outcomes with each Employment Specialist during supervision; helps team set goals for increased employment rates and refinement of skills to improve outcomes.
- Acts as a liaison to other programs internally and establishes and maintains relationships with employers and educational institutions in the community.
- Maintains current knowledge of employment and academic supports and assists with making appropriate referrals.
- Assists Program Director with coordinating fidelity reviews and the development of fidelity action plans based on recommendations from the fidelity report.
- Assists Program Director with coordination of steering committee meetings to help with IPS implementation and sustainability.
- Assists in compilation, analysis, and reporting of program outcomes and holds program accountable for data quality and accurate and timely reporting of data.
- Responsible for meeting all agency, program, contract, grant, and licensing standards, and policy
- compliance as it relates to the Workforce program and integrated Supported Education service.
- Completes required paperwork and reports; and responds to calls and inquiries from outside sources.
- Maintains a small caseload, providing education and employment support services to clients.
- Requires a Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field and 1 year of related experience; or
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field with and 2+ year's experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred at least 1 year of supervisory experience.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.