LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for a Project Administrator to manage and facilitate projects for the Agency. The Project Administrator will work closely with the Chief Program Officer (CPO) and Chief Information Officer (CIO) to assist with project management duties from start to finish and will develop, track, and manage organizational assets and licenses. The Project Administrator will oversee and perform administrative functions to support project success and will ensure that projects are completed on time.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who takes initiative to learn new skills and technologies, eagerly seeks solutions to problems, and is energized by managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Provides administrative support to CPO, including scheduling project meetings, monitoring process reporting, and maintaining file share system to publish most up-to-date information.
- Provides on-boarding and off-boarding logistical support to the CIO.
- Applies and facilitates Lean management performance improvement tools, including process mapping and value streaming to support LifeWorks programs and Division Directors.
- Identifies and proposes the time, resources and financial budget necessary to accomplish assigned projects; analyze data to create accurate projections associated with planning.
- Coordinates with team members and CPO to optimize efficiency.
- Performs data analysis to support discernment and decision-making processes.
- Manages project progress, provides updates to the team and agency as appropriate, and monitors implementation of new processes associated with assigned projects.
- Responsible for driving and motivating the team to meet deadlines.
- Plans and executes Rapid Improvement Events for program design and continuous performance improvement.
- Interacts regularly with agency staff, volunteers, donors, board members and/or client populations in a professional and confidential manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology or related field;
- Preferred (3) years of related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred CRM experience.
- Intermediate to Advance level required skills in Microsoft Excel, Smartsheet, Visio and proficient in other Microsoft Suite tools.
- Preferred Lean management experience.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.