Since its founding in 1985, Communities in Schools of Central Texas (CISCT) has become a top performer in a national network of student support organizations. CISCT has built a reputation for excellence in financial reporting and audit performance. By the numbers, CISCT has an annual operating budget of about $11 million, serves seven school districts, and helps over 50,000 individuals every year. The organization has 175 staff members and more than 600 volunteers, all working toward the common goal of empowering students for a lifetime of success.
The Sr. Director of Accounting & Finance:
- Oversees the accounting functions and financial operations for Communities In Schools of Central Texas. Working together with the Chief Operations Officer, the Sr. Director develops and implements financial strategies across the organization and ensures the integrity and accuracy of the financial information.
- Has functional responsibility over accounting activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, payroll, and grants administration and ensures the organization has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation, receive audits with an unqualified opinion, and funder monitoring with no disallowed costs or chargebacks.
- Partners with executive staff including the Chief Development Officer, Chief Human Resources Officer and Director of Information Technology to facilitate the appropriate integration of the finance, development, HR, and IT functions. The Sr. Director of Accounting and Finance also works closely with program leaders to explore how the finance function can support program operations.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in accounting and financial management
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Preferred Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Experience in nonprofit accounting including fund and grant accounting, compliance and reporting
- Experience in a senior financial management role partnering with executive staff resulting in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Experience with AmeriCorps grant management
- Team-oriented with a desire to support the organization’s strategic initiatives
- Proven record of delivering on generally accepted accounting principles and practices, particularly nonprofit revenue recognition rules
- Proof of producing clean audits in prior accounting positions
- Technologically savvy and proficient with accounting software
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in implementing efficient financial systems
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Experience managing multiple projects and relationships while meeting critical deadlines
Salary range: $5,935/mo. to $6,650/mo. depending on qualifications, experience and skills.
Applications for this position will be accepted until the position is filled. Please state your salary range expectations in your cover letter.