- Participate in all Head Start related training & activities.
- Serve as a mentor to all Head Start Program classroom staff including:
- Adhering to the Practice Based Coaching model created for the Program
- Visits all assigned classroom monthly, conducts observations, and provides support to the teaching team
- Individually meets monthly with the assigned teaching team to reflect on goal progress, conduct training and guiding them in self-reflection
- Helps with individualized planning for children as well as teaching strategies for the classroom.
- Assist with teacher driven assessments
- Guides teachers in collecting anecdotal records and work samples for the children’s portfolios
- Guides teachers to connect observations and assessments with planning developmental activities
- Communicate regularly with the members of the Education team to ensure timely support for classrooms
- Meets regularly with the Instructional Coach and Education team to reflect on teacher and child progress, set goals and plan interventions.
- Provides small and large group education training for staff, including on boarding training
- Guides and models effective teaching practices: including: daily activities, selecting and arranging equipment and materials in the classroom;
- Works with Teachers, Teacher Assistant and volunteers to use and develop their skills and abilities in planning and carrying out classroom activities;
- Support staff to use playground as an extension of the classroom;
- Deliver pre-service and monthly in-service training sessions to teaching staff;
- Assists in conducting child development workshops to parents/guardians;
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of the Teacher professional development plan;
- Perform the functions of this position with a strong understanding of the Head Start Performance Standards and the component plans; and thorough knowledge and application of Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Assist teaching staff at assigned site to interpret the Integrated plan and the Performance Standards
- Record data in a timely and organized manner following HS Program Guidelines and procedures.
- Serve as an advocate for the children and families in the Head Start Program.
- Report all suspected child abuse to the Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-252-5400 and notify Engagement & Outreach Coordinator
- Assure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Be a positive role model for staff, children and families.
- Adhere to the Appropriate Dress Policy.
- Interact with staff, volunteers and visitors in a pleasant, effective manner.
- Cooperate and work as a team in the workplace by assisting others as time allows.
- Attend all staff, parent, and other meetings as assigned.
- Participate in workshops, in service training and make use of all personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Assure that files are complete, accurate, and confidentially maintained;
- Ability to multitask and function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships and set appropriate boundaries
Contact Email: email@example.com