Who we are:
Any Baby Can, a Central Texas nonprofit, partners with families to overcome obstacles and achieve well-being. With programs that meet clients where they are - at home, work or school - Any Baby Can helps build stability, develop skills and navigate systems so children and families reach their full potential. For more information, visit anybabycan.org.
What we’re looking for:
We’re seeking an energetic team player to join Any Baby Can as our Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator. The Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for Any Baby Can’s volunteer program and outreach activities. This position recruits and supervises volunteers, ensures that volunteers are engaged effectively, and provides coordination and consultation for all volunteer functions. This position also coordinates Any Baby Can’s participation in community events, speaking engagements and other outreach activities.
- Lead efforts to develop and implement strategic volunteer and outreach initiatives.
- Develop, promote and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization that comply with state and federal regulations.
- Collaborate internally to understand and meet the volunteer needs across the organization and recommend the most effective use of volunteers.
- Develop and maintain volunteer service descriptions, promote volunteer opportunities, and otherwise ensure effective recruitment of volunteers.
- Coordinate and lead volunteer training and onboarding, and ensure volunteers are placed appropriately.
- Ensure staff are appropriately trained and prepared to work effectively with volunteers.
- Regularly solicit feedback from volunteers and staff, evaluate the volunteer program’s performance, and implement improvements.
- Plan and implement volunteer recognition activities and events.
- Develop and maintain volunteer records, track volunteer activities and hours of service, and regularly report on volunteer program performance.
- Develop and maintain volunteer policies and procedures.
- Identify and coordinate agency participation in community outreach events and speaking engagements.
- Provide outreach training and support to staff.
- Manage outreach kits and materials, including a check-out process and ensuring items are stocked and ready for distribution.
- Represent Any Baby Can at development and outreach events as needed.
- Other assignments may be added as needed or required.
- Educational background and experience that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities to carry out the responsibilities of the position. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years+ experience coordinating volunteer programs and outreach activities.
- Bilingual, Spanish-speaking preferred.
- Enthusiasm for and positive representation of Any Baby Can’s mission, goals and culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to represent Any Baby Can to all types of audiences in a professional and engaging manner.
- Savvy relationship builder able to interact and cultivate collaboration with finesse.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills, and ability to work effectively on multiple concurrent projects with competing deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to participate in events, including some evenings and weekends.
Desired Values and Skills
- Collaboration: Leverages team skills and expertise, and shares knowledge and resources to accomplish assignments.
- Compassion: Develops connections, effectively builds relationships, values the opinions and ideas of others, and demonstrates empathy.
- Empowerment: Is self-reliant and self-motivated. Models resilience and enables others to reach their full potential.
- Family: Honors the uniqueness of each person within the Any Baby Can family, and builds bonds based on trust, respect and loyalty.
- Integrity: Adheres to the highest ethical standards. Handles confidential information with discretion, adapts to competing demands, and demonstrates the highest level of customer/client service.
- Education: Values importance of increasing professional knowledge and skills.
- Access to Any Baby Can’s group plan for Health, Dental, Vision Life
- AD&D insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plan for medical / dependent care
- An optional participation in the Any Baby Can 403(b) plan
- Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Two (2) Floating Holidays
- Eight (8) holidays and a two week winter break
- Must have reliable transportation to travel; if driving own vehicle, must have valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary to fulfill daily duties assigned.
- Ability to effectively/clearly communicate.
Classification: Nonexempt, Full-time
Hourly Rate: $18.26