Women’s Storybook Project has an opening for a contract Volunteer Coordinator to help manage our day to day operations. Responsibilities include communicating with volunteer groups and individuals, scheduling and supervising office volunteer shifts and scheduling monthly prison volunteers.
Full job description and qualifications below Schedule:
This is a 40 hour per month/10 hour per week position. Hours are flexible and variable.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter by June 19 to Sun Connor at: email@example.com or Women’s Storybook Project, 5524 Bee Caves Road, Building M, Suite 131, Austin, TX 78746
Job Description: Volunteer Coordinator, contract
Reports to: Executive Director
Women’s Storybook Project mission is to connect children with their incarcerated mothers through the joy of literature. We currently provide programs in ten women’s prisons around the state and office in Austin. We are over 225 volunteers strong and growing. Through our program, mothers and children increase their bond and can heal relationships. Many of the mothers we work with will go home. Our program helps keep moms on the path to re-establishing their lives. Prison behavior also improves, as mothers earn their way into the Storybook program.
To support day-to-day operation of Women’s Storybook Project and the growing number of in-house volunteers. The Volunteer Manager will keep up to date records relating to volunteers and their activity within the organization.
contract position, 40 hours per month/10 hours per week – variable.
- Schedule regular volunteer opportunities and special events through Signup.com
- Create calendars and volunteers signups for specific events
- Send out SOS emails to fill unclaimed spots or emergency callouts as they occur.
- Communicate monthly with team leaders to gather reports and gain feedback.
- Coordinate with volunteer groups to assure options for participation.
- Liaise with grantors and make sure that obligations are fulfilled for granted volunteers.
- Scheduled in house volunteers when needed.
- Supervise in house volunteers when scheduled.
- Contribute to WSP newsletter and Social Media re: volunteer experience.
- Communicate regularly with volunteers about opportunities and events and respond promptly to questions or concerns.
- Take on additional tasks as directed by the Executive Director
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Signup.com a plus. (training available)
- Ability to manage time and track multiple volunteer units per month.
- High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two years related experience; nonprofit experience a
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal
Women’s Storybook Project is an equal employment opportunity employer. We seek a broad and diverse pool of candidates and strongly believe that our organization benefits from the perspectives and talents of a diverse staff.