LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is searching for a Youth Care Worker II who can demonstrate leadership skill, function independently, and take initiative working in a rewarding and challenging transitional housing environment with at-risk young adults in our Permanency through Outreach and Rapid Transitions (PORT) Program and in our Youth Resource Center (YRC)! The PORT Program is a 15-bed transitional housing program for youth and young adults ages 18-24 in Travis County to have a short-term place to stay while they transition from homelessness to permanent housing through our Rapid Rehousing program. The YRC is a drop-in center for youth experiencing homeless ness to access LifeWorks services. Our services are client-driven, strengths-based, and trauma-informed to support our mission of empowering self-sufficiency.
The Youth Care Worker II provides care and services to transition age youth in a transitional housing facility to permanent housing approximately 20 hours a week and works as direct support staff in the Lifeworks Youth Resource Center (YRC) approximately 20 hours per week. Services provided include monitoring, supervising, transporting, and meeting basic needs of young adults in a way that positively supports their development as well as their individual goals. This position spends time daily, performing administrative and cleaning tasks at the PORT and then shifts to provide active supervision of clients and support at the YRC. Under general supervision, they may train and/or mentor other program staff.
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 3:30pm
- Supervises clients within facility and ensures a safe environment is maintained by completing regular perimeter walks, room checks, facility/room searches, and ongoing visual checks of facility.
- Assists clients with their day-to-day needs including occasional meal preparation, assistance with case management activities, transportation, and cleaning activities.
- Ensures facility cleanliness and maintenance is within licensing standards including light cleaning in common and staff areas as well as in the kitchen.
- Documents and maintains daily written records of client whereabouts and incidents and communicates information with team members while maintaining client confidentiality in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Assists with performing client background checks as needed.
- Completes paperwork for clients entering and leaving the PORT program.
- Tracks, enters, and edits client data using the Homeless Management Information System, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Excel spreadsheets, and any other databases or tools as needed.
- Communicates with members of client support systems (e.g. case managers, peer support, etc.).
- Creates and distributes weekly PORT snapshot.
- Transports clients and/or helps organize transportation arrangements for clients to assist them in reaching their individual goals.
- Actively support clients at the YRC by actively engaging with youth, building rapport, providing resource referrals, and applying crisis intervention techniques as required.
- Consistently interacts with clients using LifeWorks's client-focused and strengths-based approaches. Includes supporting day to day activities of clients and relating to clients as they move toward their individual goals while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Manages emotional, physical, and verbally escalated situations by initiating verbal de-escalation techniques when necessary.
- Maintains core activities on a rotating basis, such as managing client schedule, submitting expense report for gas cards, and similar activities.
- Provides brief tours of the PORT as needed.
- Required Requires a Bachelor's degree preferably in human services field and 1+ year related experience; or
- Requires a high school diploma, GED or equivalent and 3+ years of related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May require some vocational training.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.