LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is searching for a Youth Care Worker III who can demonstrate leadership skill, function independently, and take initiative working in a rewarding and challenging transitional housing environment with at-risk young adults in our new Permanency through Outreach and Rapid Transitions (PORT) Program! This position is responsible for supervising and training program staff as well as providing care and services to transition age youth in a transitional living facility. Services provided include monitoring, supervising, transporting, and meeting basic needs of youth in a way that positively supports their development as well as their individual goals.
The ideal candidate is a leader able to successfully professional development to a team of youth care workers and provide direct service to the youth in residential care while modeling our strengths-based approach. We're looking for a flexible multi-tasker who is self-motivated and has a passion for developing people.
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday, 11:30pm to 7:30am. On-call may involve taking calls, responding to emails, covering shifts or providing on-site support in an emergency during your on-call period.
- Supervises clients within facility, and ensures a safe environment is maintained by completing regular perimeter walks, room checks, facility/room searches, and ongoing visual checks of facility.
- Directly supervises Youth Care Workers which involves ongoing monthly supervision, training as needed, work evaluation, and providing guidance and assistance to staff in a way that exhibits leadership.
- Assists clients with their day-to-day needs including occasional meal preparation, assistance with case management activities, transportation, cleaning activities, and administers daily medications.
- Ensures facility cleanliness and maintenance is within licensing standards including light cleaning in common and staff areas as well as in the kitchen.
- Documents and maintains daily written records of client whereabouts and incidents and communicates information with team members while maintaining client confidentiality in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Transports clients and/or helps organize transportation arrangements for clients to a variety of outings including staff-led community-based activities.
- Consistently interacts with youth using LifeWorks' client-focused and strengths-based approaches. Includes supporting day to day activities of youth and relating to clients as they move toward their individual goals while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Manages emotional, physical, and verbally escalated situations by initiating de-escalation techniques as well as restraints utilizing "Handle with Care" techniques when necessary.
- Assists Director of Residential Operations and Director of Residential Services with training regarding EBI, licensing, and protocols.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in social or behavior science or an administrative field;
- Requires 3+ years of related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May require some vocational training.
- Per DFPS requirements must be 21 or older.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 30 days.
Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment drug screening, background checks, and TB test before start date.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.