May 22, 2018
Part 1 – The Essentials: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Part 2 – Beyond the Essentials: 1:30 – 4:30 PM
Part 1: Essentials:
The material will cover the basics of setting up and entering transactions specifically for Nonprofits, an overview of the software updates included in the QuickBooks® 2018 Edition, as well as advanced topics including:
- Setting up the correct Accounts
- Entering Your Programs
- Tracking Your Members and Donors
- Tracking Your Vendors
- Adding Your Annual Budget
- Creating Reports for the Board
- Creating Reports for Your Accountant.
- Tracking Grants, Pledges, and Dues.
- Year-End Acknowledgments
- Plus: Whats New for 2017
- Track Potential Donors in the new Lead Center
- New Calendar that includes: Appointments and To-Do’s
- Attaching Scan Documents for free
- Using the New Report Center
- Cutting & Pasting lists from Excel into QuickBooks®
- Updating to the latest Version
- Comparing the Online Edition to the Desktop Version
- New search feature and more
Part 2: Beyond the Essentials
Part 2: Advanced, is definitely more intense. This section will cover advanced material to really help you do some helpful and amazing things. The advanced topics include:
- Payroll Expenses
- Tracking Restricted Grants
- Tracking Special Fundraising Events
- Customizing Forms
- Two Ways to get Year-End Donor Acknowledgements
- Entering Credit Card Transactions
- Recording In-Kind Contributions
- Downloading Transactions from your bank
- Advanced method of Auto-Allocating Expenses to Programs/Grants
- And More!
About the Presenter: Gregg Bossen
Gregg Bossen is a national QuickBooks trainer and the owner of QuickBooks Made Easy, specializing in industry specific QuickBooks training across the country. He is also the owner of Gregg S. Bossen CPA PC, a full service accounting firm located in Atlanta Georgia. Most of his clients are small business owners/nonprofits that use QuickBooks. Gregg’s day to day experience with his clients gives him unique insight into the real issues faced by his clients using QuickBooks and how to best resolve those issues.
Since 2000, Gregg has been providing QuickBooks training around the country through his QuickBooks Made Easy training products, one-on-one consulting and design, technical support contracts, webinars and live seminars. He is an advanced certified Proadvisor and is considered to be an expert in the program teaching both new users as well as other Proadvisors and CPA’s. Gregg has taught for Intuit, the makers of QuickBooks, Scaling New Heights, Tech Soup, Construction Expo, the Georgia Society of CPA’s, Grant Station, as well as various state associations of nonprofits throughout the US. To date Gregg has taught over 1,500 seminars to well over 30,000 students.
Gregg’s uniquely entertaining and lively teaching style make for a truly enjoyable experience and leave his students excited about QuickBooks.
Registration is available for Part 1: Essentials, Part 2: Advanced, And All Day (Includes both Parts) $179.00
Now Only $159.00 with Early Registration (Early Registration Expires: 04/22/18)
Earn CPE Credits!
8.0 Credits for the whole day!
Part 1: The Essentials
CPE Hours: 4.0
Part 2: Beyond The Essentials
CPE Hours: 4.0
Prerequisites: The Essentials
Program Level: Intermediate