This most prestigious of all awards recognizes one student who has demonstrated academic excellence, service to ACC and the community, and commitment to ACC values and vision. Nominees are evaluated by a committee of faculty and staff, and recommendations are sent to the college president for final selection.
Benefits of the Award
- $500 Award and plaque
- Special recognition at commencement ceremony, including opportunity to speak
- Invitation to the annual Nite in the Life Recognition Ceremony
Nominations are accepted from any ACC faculty, staff, or student. Self-nominations are not accepted.
Once nominations are received, the following eligibility requirements will be verified:
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Satisfactory level of financial and academic responsibility
- Good standing with Student Standards of Conduct
- Completed 50 hours of service
- Attended ACC a minimum of two consecutive semesters
- Documented involvement in campus community, including but not limited to Student Life programs
- Participation in ACC commencement ceremony
The PSAA award is awarded to one student every fall and spring semester. Nominees who meet all eligibility requirements will be sent an email with instructions for submitting an award application.