Manage Your Time
- Determine what needs to be don. Prioritize. Set goals on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis.
- Before you leave work each day, list what needs to be done the next day while it’s fresh in your mind. Prioritize on a 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. basis or on an A, B, and C basis.
- Work at your own pace by setting your own mini-deadlines within given deadlines. Plan for last minute hassles or moved-up deadlines.
- Anticipate crises and plan ways to prevent them or lessen their impact.
- Stop procrastinating. Use previous avoidance tactics as rewards for yourself after you’ve completed “X” amount, not before you get started.
- Plan breathing spaces for relaxation during the day.
- Plan creative time for reflection, brainstorming of ideas, etc. on a regular basis. Plan a variety of tasks.
- Keep your schedule flexible (AND your MIND). Anticipate and accept working longer or shorter days as the work demands.
- Handle each item only once when possible. Don’t put a project down unfinished. Dropping one thing to do another results in having to refamiliarize yourself when you pick it up again.
- Delegate work at home and at work when possible. Be realistic in doing so and trust the individual you’ve delegated to carry out the task without constantly checking on them.
- Learn to say “no” when you don’t want to take on more than you can handle. Be realistic about where you have the freedom to and where you don’t. You don’t have to meet everyone’s demands on you all the time.
Enter your information below to receive your certificate.