Sometimes you get so tapped out during the holidays giving to everyone else that the last person you give to is yourself! Take care of yourself this holiday by making time for you. Read “Keeping the Spirit – Taking Off Your Superhero Cape” for some useful tips.
Here’s more holiday advice:
• Have realistic expectations for the holiday season and for yourself. Be realistic about what you can and cannot do.
• Let others share the responsibility of holiday tasks. Remember to take a few minutes for peace and quiet, just for yourself.
• Pace yourself. Make a list and prioritize the important activities. Give yourself permission not to attend every party, celebration, or family gathering.
• Find some free holiday activities, such as looking at holiday decorations, going window shopping without buying, or attending free holiday celebrations.
The holidays are a festive time but it’s no secret it can be a stressful time and for some, a sad time. Don’t spend the time being miserable. Contact the employee assistance program if you just need to talk with someone. They’re waiting for your call. 1-888-993-7550.
Celebrate the holidays safely by taking a cab or use one of the new ride sharing programs in central Texas. Did you know you can get reimbursed for that ride home? Yep, Just contact Deer Oaks’ for more details.
Enjoy the Holidays Without Gaining Weight
December 13, 2016 11:30 am -12:30 pm
Get Fit Without Fads
January 10, 2017 11:30 am -12:30 pm
For more information about these webinars and how to register, visit our webinar page
Work LIfe Balance — Employee Assistance Program is here to help you.
Need to find child or elder care but don’t have time to do the research?
Have questions about creating a will and how to get started?
Are you a victim of identify theft and don’t know how to get help?
Are you looking for financial advice?
Or are you in need of short term crisis counseling for a variety of issues – marriage struggles, child parent relationships, substance abuse, or other emotional challenges?
Deer Oaks Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides a variety of free and confidential services for a variety on work/life issues to Austin Community College employees. Assessment, short-term counseling, prevention, education, and referral services are availalbe to you and your dependents. Trained counselors are available 24/7, 365 days of the year to help you and your dependents cope with life’s stressors so that you can live a happy, productive lifestyle. Confidential sessions per life event in a calendar year with a Counselor is offered at no cost.
Deer Oaks can also assist with a wide range of personal needs including legal, financial, adoption, tobacco cessation and more. The EAP is available to Staffing Table employees, Faculty, and Adjunct Faculty.
Help is just a phone call or click away!
EAP Helpline: 1-888-993-7650
Visit the DeerOaks Website: (login & password: AustinCCD)
Visit the Human Resources Benefit page for more resources from Deer Oaks
For Employees who have HealthSelect insurance:
We are pleased to announce Real Appeal, an online weight loss program as a new benefit offering to HealthSelectSMmembers and their families. Real Appeal is a simple, step-by-step program designed to teach healthy habits over time that lead to lasing weight loss results.
Real Appeal is in addition to our in-person Weight Watchers at Work program offered at Highland Business Center and Cypress Creek.
Employees, spouses and dependents 18 and older covered by our HealthSelect of Texas plan with a BMI of 23 or higher can join by enrolling at healthselect.realappeal.com from your smartphone, tablet or personal computer. The best part is it’s all at no cost to you – not even a co-pay or deductible.
The Real Appeal program provides you with all the tools you need to help you achieve lasting weight loss, including:
- A Personal Transformation Coach, who leads weekly online group sessions and provides one-one-one support to help tailor a program specifically for your needs, schedule and goals
- A Success Kit containing step-by-step guides, workout DVDs and gear, delicious recipes, and healthy kitchen cooking tools – including your own personal blender – and more
- Online site and mobile app for access to Real Appeal tracking tools, messaging and digital resources anytime, from anywhere
Take advantage of this great opportunity to better the health and well-being of you and your family. If you’d like to learn more about the Real Appeal program, check out this 3 minute educational video. If you’re ready to get started, you can enroll now at healthselect.realappeal.com using your smartphone, tablet or personal computer.
In case you missed our three part Diabetes 101 series, you can listen to the sessions on led by Brittany Crim, PhD, RN.
Visit our Resources page for the link. Click Here
Take care of yourself this new year by joining Gold’s Gym. Check out the informational flier below and set up payroll deduction directly with Gold’s Gym.
Gold’s Gym Information flier
Payroll Deduct form (*Note: download document in order to fill out).