General Statement of Job
To provide a positive and engaging experience for prospective students and current students through college wide programming, and to act as a representative of student input regarding Areas of Study and Pathways processes.
- Perform a wide variety of responsible office support and administrative functions in support of the department
- Provide campus-based event planning and support
- Execute social programming, Student Life Chronicle Watch Parties, support Riverbat Annual Programming (Welcome week, Riverbat Bash, Mid-Term Survival Week, Finals Week)
- Proficiency in the full range of general office services and functions.
- Enrolled at ACC
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must qualify for work-study during the semester of employment.
- Excellent customer service techniques and practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard word processing, database, and presentation office software applications. Mid-level competency using Excel and MS Word.
- Performing clerical tasks, including data entry and filling.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 25 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take responsible and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- One year related work experience in an office, educational, or customer service environment.
- Assist current and prospective students with information on Student Life programming, campus life, activities, events, and organizations.
- Provide peer-to-peer engagement
- Perform classroom presentations
- Schedules appointments for services with Coordinators, Specialist or other staff.
- Enters data, maintains and updates student information database.
- Maintains bulletin boards, brochure racks, and other information areas with Student Life programs, opportunities, transfer guides, career information, and enrollment literature.
- Provides clerical and front desk information and referral support for various Student Life programs and functions.
- Responds to questions and inquiries in person, by telephone, or email or text.
- Other duties as assigned.