Description of Duties and Tasks:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Respond to and/or direct inquiries in person or on the phone.
• Maintain data entry or process any office documents.
• Perform clerical duties in support of department.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Ability to conform to an established work schedule.
• Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions.
• Ability to use personal computers.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to exercise tact and discretion.
To inquire about this position, please visit the Financial Aid Office at your preferred campus
Work study student will tutor students in reading and or math for one hour in a one-on-one format on a weekly basis at a branch of one of the City of Austin Public libraries. Tutors will reinforce areas of weakness with the student as well as support the lessons currently being taught in the classroom. The tutor will be trained and supported by the Program Specialist and AISD training. The VICTORY tutor will follow all district and campus rules and guidelines as applicable.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
Knowledge and skills:
Open and honest communication with the VICTORY Program Specialist
Set an example of organization, responsibility, and dedication for VICTORY students.
Communicate high expectations for achievement and school attendance by all VICTORY students.
Comfortable working with a diverse student and community population
All tutoring takes place after school and in the evenings. Tutors must be on time and reliable