Primary Function: Plans, implements, supervise activities provided within a specific program area, such as Education, Special Education, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts, and Physical Education.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Promote and stimulate program participation.
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services, and activities for members and visitors.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure the safety of the members, quality in programs and appearance of the club at all times.
- Prepare periodic activity reports.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in meetings as assigned.
- Prepare, create, research and write unit and lesson plans as directed by supervisor and as schedule allows.
- Be able to perform other duties as assigned or requested by supervisor(s).
- Will be responsible for light housekeeping and cleaning.
- May be required, under the supervision of the Club Director, to complete all CitySquare and /or reporting and program requirements including and but not limited to: attending meetings, training and daily/monthly reporting.
- Assisting with the processing of financial documents required by grants/reporting authorities.
Internal: Maintain close daily contact with club staff (professional and volunteer), club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience working with children between the ages of 5 to 18 years of age.
- Valid State Driver's License if 21 years or older.
- Spanish Speaking preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in various weather conditions - hot, cold, rainy, etc.
- Ability to meet physical demands of working with children.
- Ability to move equipment up to 25 pounds.
Physical requirements/ work environment:
Must be able to work and interact with youth. Must be able to pick up games, trash, and other items from the floor. Must be able to mop and sweep occasionally.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, not to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
A resume is required.