Creative Writing Student News: Elisabetta La Cava

Elisabetta La Cava is a double immigrant from Italy and Venezuela who became a Texan some years ago. She finds herself writing about all sorts of things including international community, relationships, spirituality, and family. Elisabetta’s work has or will be seen in The Dead Mule School of Southern Literature, The Pointed Circle, Penultimate Peanut Magazine, the Closed Eye Open, the 2021 Texas Poetry Calendar and the Rio Review. She runs a woman-owned business in Austin, TX and studies Creative Writing at Austin Community College.

Elisabetta has had a run of publishing successes lately, including: “Nuptials” in The Pointed Circle; “At This Time” in Maya’s Micros; “To: Dad” in the Dead Mule School;“Autumn Blues” in Penultimate Peanut Magazine; and a submission of hers will be included in the Texas Poetry Calendar.

Photo credit: Gabriella Wheatley

You May Also Like…

Coming in October: Flex Factory

Coming in October: Flex Factory

MBPT will be hosting an open mic for all ADM students every Friday from noon-3pm. The official launch date will be Friday, October 7th.The location will be in the Flex Studio, room 1420 (Bldg.2000), and will be dubbed the "Flex Factory". Live Sound students, along...

Faculty Spotlight: Nick Landis

Faculty Spotlight: Nick Landis

Join Nick for these courses at ACC. MUSC 1325 Acoustics MUSC 1271 Applied Recording/Live Sound MASTERING First off, I'm a Mastering Engineer, technically I'm Chief Mastering Engineer at Nick Landis Mastering. Previously, I was the Senior Mastering Engineer at Terra...

MBPT Student Profile – Ali Darwiche

MBPT Student Profile – Ali Darwiche

After graduating from the University of Texas at Austin, I began taking classes at ACC while pursuing a full-time career in Software Development. As a working adult, I feared that my pursuit of a music-based education would always be hindered by my 9-5 job. When I...