MBPT Student Profile – Ali Darwiche

After graduating from the University of Texas at Austin, I began taking classes at ACC while pursuing a full-time career in Software Development. As a working adult, I feared that my pursuit of a music-based education would always be hindered by my 9-5 job. When I learned about the night classes and high-quality facilities that ACC had to offer, I was filled with immense joy. For years I had been deeply unsatisfied while pursuing my career in Software Development. At ACC however, I quickly found a community of amazing mentors and peers who supported my growth and were invested in my fulfillment as a musician.
Through my coursework, I was able to meet and collaborate with students of all ages, backgrounds, and musical abilities. Eventually, I developed a strong enough network of individuals that I was able to produce my dream project; a 13-track studio album called “Appreciate Everything”. I was able to release this project on my 27th birthday and it has since raised over $1,500 for SAFE Alliance, a local non-profit that offers services to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence here in the Austin area. This project took me a total of 10 years to complete, but was only made possible by the relationships, courses, and resources that were available to me here at ACC. Those who would like to donate or learn more about my project can visit alidarwiche.com for more details.
After years of being a part-time student, I finally decided to pursue a full-time education in Audio Engineering this past year. Though it was terrifying to leave my career as a Software Developer to go back to school, the MBPT department has made it an incredibly easy transition for me. I truly feel blessed every day I get to come to campus and learn from this incredible faculty.
I don’t know who I’d be without this beautiful community in my life. The one thing I can say with confidence is that I would be a much more sad and lonely individual without it. Thank you, ACC, for being the best decision I’ve ever made.
Photo credit: Ali Darwiche

You May Also Like…

TAG Tuesdays Wraps for Fall 2022

TAG Tuesdays Wraps for Fall 2022

TAG Tuesdays Wraps for Fall 2022 The Art Galleries at Austin Community College launched their TAG Tuesday program in Fall 2022. Based on the foundation that art acts as a vehicle for open discussion, TAG Tuesdays bring together ACC students, faculty, staff, and...

ACC DRAMA AAS Degree Student Spotlight Frederick Demps

FULL STUDENT SPOTLIGHT INTERVIEW INTERVIEW BY JAMIE ROGERS Where are you from?  Austin, Texas  Were you involved in theater when you were in high school? Any past theater experience on stage or behind the scenes?   Yes, I was involved in theater for all 4 years of...

ACC Drama Faculty Spotlight Yunina Barbour-Payne

FULL FACULTY SPOTLIGHT INTERVIEW INTERVIEW BY JAMIE ROGERS Where are you from? What is your educational background? I am originally from Louisivlle, Kentucky. I attended the Youth Performing Arts School in highschool and then pursued an Integrated Studies degree from...