The two programs are Construction and Woodworking
Degree and Certificates
Not sure which degree or certificate is the best fit? The program maps summarize the jobs for which the graduates of that degree or certificate are eligible and which classes are needed to complete a specific degree or certificate
More details on each class are available on the page for that class. Lab classes include photos of students working on the hands-on lab activities.
Next step – a bachelor’s degree in construction
Transfer credits from ACC to Texas State towards a BAAS – Engineering Technology Construction Emphasis details
The Building Construction Technology program provides learning opportunities for students in the following areas:
- Hands-on instruction in concrete, masonry, woodworking, carpentry, mechanical, plumbing and electrical fields.
- Practical skills including blueprint reading, cost estimating and construction scheduling.
- Applied skills include managing projects, i.e., time, material and processes. Each class consists of math, interpreting symbols, measuring, language and solving problems common in construction projects.
- Soft Skills learned in CNBT 2342 Construction Management I and CNBT 2444 Construction Management II prepare managers to coordinate their efforts with others for consistency and continuity. Students learn to avoid and resolve conflicts common in a construction project.
- Field trips to construction sites and manufacturers of construction materials may occur throughout the semester.
Senior citizens may be exempt from tuition.
Back to Top