I want to update you on new developments regarding Austin Community College District’s response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in our region. Your safety, health, and well-being remain our top priorities. We continue to work with area health authorities to monitor changes in the situation. It is clear, the number of cases in our region is escalating once again. As a result, beginning this Thursday, December 17, the college will take additional steps to limit the number of people on our campuses to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Starting Thursday, December 17, and through at least Sunday, January 10, all ACC campuses and facilities will close except for essential ACC employees. During this period there will be no in-person classes and all student services will be held virtually.
Here is what you can expect.
- Online spring registration will continue as planned.
- In-person application assistance will close during this period. All support services, including virtual registration assistance, will remain available online during normal college hours.
- The tuition payment deadline is January 4 and will not be affected.
- Virtual support for tuition payment will remain available during normal college hours.
- Self-service will remain available 24/7, including during the winter break.
- The college’s winter break will not be impacted: the college will close Wednesday, December 23, and will reopen Monday, January 4, as scheduled.
Our hope is to reopen campus access — as we had in fall — by Monday, January 11. We will continue to monitor the situation and remain prepared to adjust our plans as needed. Because of our cautious approach to returning to campus and your due diligence, there remain no transmissions of COVID-19 on ACC campuses. We want to keep it that way.
I’m extremely proud of our Riverbat community. I recognize how challenging this pandemic has been, and I’m humbled by your dedication to staying on track every step of the way. Our number one mission remains your success. I promise the college will do all it can to ensure you experience as little disruption as possible. We will keep you updated as our plans evolve. I encourage you to check your email and the COVID-19 informational website often.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
Richard M. Rhodes, Ph.D.