Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,
I want to thank all of you for your patience and grace as we continue to work through the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Several recent Executive Orders by Governor Greg Abbott and the rise in our local COVID-19 vaccination rates have prompted the college to update our building-access protocols and procedures.
Beginning July 6, the start of the second summer session, students and employees will no longer be required to fill out the Appian health screening app. Further, students, faculty, and staff will now be allowed to enter ACC facilities from all public entrances.
Some important things to remember:
- If you have not done so, ACC encourages all students, faculty, and staff to get vaccinated. COVID-19 vaccines are now widely available throughout the community. Visit www.vaccines.gov/ to find a vaccine location near you.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19-related symptoms, please get a COVID-19 test as soon as possible before returning to an ACC facility. Testing is now widely available.
- If you test positive, please report it using the ACC self-reporting tool.
- Anyone who chooses to wear a mask is welcome to do so.
- The college asks that we all continue to respect the personal space of others. We are encouraging 3 feet of social distancing.
- Please be sure to carry your student, faculty, or staff ID badge at all times while on campus.
The ACC Emergency Operations Center (EOC) continues to work with leadership, the Return to Campus Committee, faculty and staff, and our community partners to develop plans for returning to in-person work and learning. Over the next several weeks, you can expect to receive additional communications as other decisions are made. We will keep you posted on any changes to protocols.
Dr. Molly Beth Malcolm
Executive Vice Chancellor
Campus Operations & Public Affairs
Austin Community College District