Austin Community College District’s first priority is the health, safety, and well-being of our students and employees. Classes and services continue to gradually increase toward in-person offerings in a manner that ensures our students have access to the instruction and resources they need to succeed in a safe learning and working environment for everyone.
View Austin Community College District’s COVID-19 Return to Campus Health & Safety Protocols.
The college continues to take a cautious approach to safely transitioning back to campus in phases. Our plans to return to campus follow local and state health recommendations, as well as the guidelines set forth by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. The COVID-19 pandemic continues to fluctuate. It requires constant monitoring and flexibility. At any time, our plan may change.
ACC’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) oversees planning. The EOC, a standing committee convened during emergencies and periods of major operational disruption, established the Return to Campus Advisory Committee and works closely with public health authorities, subject matter experts, and internal stakeholders to develop recommended plans and strategies that guide the college’s safe return to campus.
- The intentional effort by all faculty, staff & students to exercise personal and community responsibility in creating a culture that sustains a healthy and safe on-campus environment.
- State and local government guidelines.
- Public health status and recommendations from federal, state & local health authorities.
- Guidelines set forth by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
- Resource availability such as personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to sanitize/deep-clean spaces and equipment.
- Testing and effective contact tracing methods.
- Physical distancing strategies.
- Alignment with our mission and student success priorities.
- Financial feasibility.