Prudence Arceneaux

Prudence Arceneaux Prudence Arceneaux is a Creative Writing professor at Austin Community College where she has worked for thirteen years. She received her bachelor’s degree in English and Creative Writing from the University of New Mexico. While living in New Mexico she realized how much she missed the Texas environment and decided to return. Afterwards, she furthered her education in Creative Writing and obtained a Master of Fine Arts at the University of Southwest Texas in 1998. Her pieces have been published in articles and journals, and remains active on the poetry circuit.

One Reply to “Prudence Arceneaux”

1. Hello,
    My name is Gaila Sims, and I am the Culture and Arts Education Specialist at the George Washington Carver Museum and Cultural Center here in Austin. I actually have a bit of a strange question for you, but please consider responding, as I would be very grateful.
    The education staff here at the museum is currently hiring for our spring break and summer Youth Arts Safari Camp. We are looking for someone to teach a creative writing course for our camp. They would be teaching our 6-12 year olds in creative writing inspired by African and African American writers. This commitment would be part time during the afternoon for two 70 minute sessions between 1:30-4:30 p.m. This is for a one week camp March 10th-14th and then a 3-week camp that will be from July 28-August 15. I am hoping you might know of someone in your department who might be interested in applying.
    I hope this isn’t too out of the blue, and that you might consider sending me any leads you might have for the position.
    Thank you very much for your time,
    Gaila Sims