Sabbatical leave is a privilege that is intended to benefit both the college and the employee. Sabbatical recipients are recommended by a committee comprised of Faculty, Professional-Technical staff, Classified staff, and Administrators. The President has final approval of Sabbaticals for staffing table employees.
Leave may be granted for the purpose of personal and/or professional improvement, which will in turn benefit the college, through activities such as formal and informal study, acquisition of new skills, or keeping abreast of new technologies, research, and/or community service.
Sabbatical Applications for Sabbatical leave* to be taken in FY20 is due on November 9, 2018. The fiscal year begins on September 1 and ends on August 31 annually.
*Sabbatical leave is taken in the Fiscal year after application year. That is, if a Sabbatical leave application is requested in November of FY19, it is for leave which will occur in FY20.
How to Submit a FY20 Sabbatical Application:
1. Complete the Sabbatical Preparation Module
2. Prepare a detailed narrative (3-5 pages) of what you plan to accomplish while on Sabbatical.
Brief Overview (1-3 paragraphs)
Justification including rationale and contributions to:
• ACC as a whole
• The community (optional)
• Your career
Framework including detailed objectives of Sabbatical and proposed timeline
3. Review ACC’s Copyright policy at http://irt.austincc.edu/copyright/.
If applicable, complete the Copyright Agreement forms and upload at prompt in application.
4. Acquire three years of evaluation summary forms to include and upload at prompt in application; no application will be considered without these forms.
5. Complete Sabbatical Leave Application Form.
Once you submit this form, your responses will also be sent to your email address so you can compile an application packet.
6. Compile a printed Sabbatical Application Packet that includes:
Sabbatical Application Approval Form (print this)
Sabbatical Leave Application Form with all attachments (print from email)
7. Send your printed Sabbatical Application Packet:
a. First to your Immediate Supervisor for approval and signature.
b. If approved, then request approval and signature from your Next Level Supervisor.
c. If approved, request approval and signature from your Highest Level Supervisor.
d. For example, a faculty member would submit to their Department Chair, then Dean, and then AVP.
8. Finally, scan and upload Completed Sabbatical Application Approval Form with signatures to Completed Sabbatical Leave Approval Form
*If you make a modification to your materials please resubmit your Sabbatical Leave Application Form to ensure we have the correct documents.
Source: Administrative Rule 4.05.001 Sabbatical Leave
Guidelines/Procedures for AR 4.05.001 Sabbatical Leave: http://www.austincc.edu/admrule/4.05.001Guideline-Procedure.htm
Current Sabbatical Recipients FY2019
Associate Professor, Sociology and Social Work
|Hynek Joe Hejl
Associate Professor, Diagnostic Medical Imaging and Radiography
Department Chair/Professor, Drama
Department Chair/Professor, Radio, TV and Film