Texas Community College Teachers Association
TCCTA‘s 70th Annual Convention is coming back to Austin! Don’t miss a chance to meet people, learn from your colleagues, connect with other professionals who “get it,” and grow—in your life as well as your career.
We invite you to attend your annual meeting—February 23-25, 2017, where you can get all these personal and professional benefits. You may have attended the convention in the past, and remember that it’s the largest meeting of community and technical college educators in the nation, including:
- Scores of sessions and exhibits to keep you up-to-speed on the latest textbooks, software, equipment, retirement resources, and more.
- Shuttles to and from the Capitol offering leaders a chance to meet with their representatives.
- GIFTS (Great Ideas for Teaching Students) showcasing innovative ideas your colleagues are using in their classrooms, right now.
- 100+ section meetings covering virtually every teaching discipline.
- The Student Success Workshop: responding to the excitement generated from members, we will continue our discussions on dual credit, guided pathways, and collegiate systems thinking with Judith Ramaley!
ACC pays the convention registration fee for faculty to attend the TCCTA convention, but you must be a member to attend. In order to attend you must first join the organization (ACC does not pay membership fees) at http://www.tccta.org/. Remember to avoid the long “non-member” registration line by renewing your membership for the new academic year, if you have not done so already. Memberships can be renewed online at www.tccta.org/renew and once you are a member, you will automatically be registered for the convention.
When registering online for the convention, please list ACC in the payment area. Please note that ACC pays registration only and does not pay travel costs unless you acquire that funding from your department.
Texas Community College Teachers Association warmly invites you to register ONLINE for the most comprehensive, high quality event for community colleges faculty in Texas! You have to be a member to benefit from these rates and agreements, but at a maximum $95 per year, membership offers true value!