Scholarships help students in every stage of life

Dinah – ACC Foundation General Scholarship Recipient

I always knew that I wanted to go to college at a very early age but the circumstances in life did not allow for this to happen as I had planned it in my head. The roads in life take us in a different direction sometimes without us wanting that. I managed to get my GED even though we moved a lot when I was a child. I married young with no education at all and, when I divorced with 3 children, I managed to go to college to become a Surgical Tech while working full time to support my children. Now I am raising my 4 grandchildren and one of them is already away to college. I am so proud of her for accomplishing what I was not able to do at her age. Now, I know that I am older but hopefully wiser. I want to pursue my dream and become a Registered Nurse. I have been accepted into the ACC mobility RN program this fall 2016 and hope to graduate in August of 2017. I know that it will be challenging but I am ready to put forward all my hard work and make this a reality. I also have the support of my family that encourages me every day to reach for the stars.

Back to Top