About Developmental Education
- To preserve and make possible educational opportunities for each post-secondary learner;
- To develop in each learner the skills and attitudes necessary for the attainment of academic career and life goals;
- To ensure proper placement by assessing each learner’s level of preparedness for college coursework;
- To maintain academic standards by enabling learners to acquire competencies needed for success in mainstream college courses;
- To enhance the retention of students;
- To promote the continued development and application of cognitive and affective learning theory.