Fall 2020 Curriculum Changes
Please note the Department has updated the International Business – Associate of Applied Science Degree, Logistics and Supply Chain Management – Associate of Applied Science Degree and Management – Associate of Applied Science Degree. Students may continue working on their current degree maps or switch to the newly updated degree maps.
Pass/No-pass option for students is extended to include Summer 2020 Semester:
For the Summer 2020 semester, students will be permitted (but not required) to convert any summer 2020 course grades to Pass/No-pass. Students may choose this option after receiving grades at the end of the semester. Students will have until September 30, 2020, to exercise this option. There is no limit to the number of Summer 2020 course sections that students may convert to Pass/No Pass grading. Students may make the decision on a course-by-course basis.
- Grades of C or better may be converted to Pass.
- Grades of D and F may be converted to No Pass.
- A grade of Pass or No Pass will not count toward or against a student’s grade point average (GPA); however a grade of Pass will count toward earned semester hours.
- Students should consider possible implications of a Pass/No Pass option on their GPA (e.g., on course transfer, GPA calculations, financial aid, etc.). You are encouraged to speak with an advisor.
- A notation on transcripts will explain that Pass grades for this semester were allowed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The P grade will not be calculated into a student’s GPA. It will not have a negative impact on financial aid or veterans’ benefits, and should not negatively impact transfer of the grade at other Texas public colleges and universities. If you are interested in transfer, it is best to speak with your transfer university.
Attention Management Students!
We are working with great employers who will offer paid internships for the Spring of 2021. An internship is a hands-on work experience where students apply the principles they’ve learned in the classroom to a real-world setting. Learn about your career field from the inside and choose if this is the right career field for you. You are eligible to earn credit for your internship. To be eligible for the internship course you will need to have completed 50% of your Associate Degree or Certificate. Our Internships courses are designated for Management; International Business; Logistics & Supply Chain Management students. Sign up for your 10 week Summer, Internship Course: Management Internship Courses start: June 1, 2021.
- (BMGT 2388-23911- 001 Internship, Business Administration and Management, I
- (BMGT 2389-23912-002) Internship -Business Administration and Management, II
Our Internships courses are designated for Management; International Business; Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- You must be 50% complete with your AAS Degree or Certificate and must be validated by Mary Rincon.
- Complete the Student Intent to Register for Internship Practicum.
- First week of Class Mandatory Attendance for the Summer Zoom Internship Fair, June 4th, 2021.
Email your ACC eid for internship eligibility and clearance.
NEW Management Internship Video
We have finished our promotional video for our department’s internship program. Please take a moment to view it!
Click here to learn more.
BUSINESS STATISTICS IS NOW BUSI-2305 (FORMERLY BUSG-2371).
Business Statistics (BUSI 2305) works for all Management and Business Administration Associate Degrees.
PLENTY OF ROOM IN ALL SUMMER BUSINESS STATISTICS COURSES.
If students would like to be added to the summer courses– we are happy to add you!
Email Mary Rincon to be added to summer Business Statistics courses.